Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Project: Performance Art Video



This video was filmed on my cellphone and through Camtasia. The clips were then edited with Sony Vegas 12. I was inspired by a video made by Miranda July, called "A Handy Tip for the Easily Distracted, where she teaches her audience how to fight procrastination (see below). Whereas July is successful in trapping her distractions, I would much rather embrace mine at the cost of ignoring responsibility. My video gets progressively faster to reflect the nervousness and frenetic anxiety that accompanies procrastination and looming deadlines.

I really enjoyed making this video and wish our class could have held very concise first draft critiques in addition to the final presentations. That more collaborative process has worked better for me in the past because I value people's comments and differing perspectives on my artwork, which can usually lead me towards a stronger and more coherent final piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment