Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Project: Light Box


The image I created for our class light box was inspired by a style of very low-polygon graphics I've seen floating around the internet and I really wanted to learn the process for creating these geometric images. I also thought that the colors and various tones would translate really well when back-lit.

I used Photoshop to create the triangles over an old picture I took of a heart-shaped waffle; I love breakfast and it has been a reoccurring theme in my artwork over the last few terms. I would have been interested in making a dark colored background to see if that made the shapes more vibrant--the color didn't translate very well once printed.

The actual construction and painting of the light boxes went fairly well and I'm really glad that our class naturally divided into those two categories. Overall, this was a fun/diverse assignment and I wish we allotted more time to produce our graphics, print, and install them ourselves.





No comments:

Post a Comment